Spicy Picklegate: Week 2 wrap-up
Well, this wrap-up is even easier than you would have expected. I wrote two weeks ago about how the Spicy Pickle switched their bread on me, and how I was never going back because of this. Their company’s COO called me and told me that he would call in the coming week to arrange a lunch meeting to talk more about their bread change. And, well, he never called last week. So that’s my update. No email, no phone call, no nothing. This essentially means that my boycott of the Spicy Pickle has entered its’ third week.
It’s probably been a few years since I’ve done a top 5 list, so here is a new one.
Top 5 sandwich shops (in or near Denver) to consider instead of the Spicy Pickle:
5. Gelman’s Market & Bistro – I had a great crabcake sandwich there a while back.
4. Mendelsohn’s Deli – A nice New York-style Deli downtown.
3. Rudi’s Deli, Winter Park – The Roasted Turkey Panini sandwich is stellar. I also enjoy the Turkey Avocado Melt.
2. Pat’s Philly Steaks and Subs – Get the PJ’s Gobbler.
1. Fat Jack’s Super Subs – a great shop with a silly name. I get the Don Juan usually.