Your stupid fucking “update your software” prompt came up and I was working on something in Adobe Illustrator. Since there’s no “quit” or “later” option, I was forced to launch your ridiculous App Store. Upon launch, I received a “because of a problem, your computer has to be restarted” gray screen.
I lost a good portion of my design work. All because you neglected to think that maybe we don’t want to upgrade the software on our computers at the instant of OS X’s choosing.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE ADD A “LATER” OPTION TO THAT MOTHERFUCKING DIALOGUE.
Because you just wasted at least an hour of my time.
I’ve always wanted to be an ex-pat, living in some exotic locale. Japan sounds super interesting to me, but I don’t speak a lick of Japanese. However, if I were a baseball player I could afford to hire a translator to help out. Like this guy:
“I play cause it pays the bills. I play because there is still more than half a tank left in me. I play cause this is still my dream. It may not be the bigs, but over here it is. Over here I have a chance to win something, to honor guys that have played before me, and to experience things my dream never showed me.”
- Ex-Colorado Rockies player Ryan Spillborghs, on playing baseball in Japan this year.
I am looking forward to reading his Denver Post Sports blog entries & tweets throughout the season.
Social marketing is kinda my thing.
I worked for the first US brewery on Twitter. I have about 20 different twitter accounts. Ford once lent me an F-150 in 2011 for a few weeks. I raise money for charity with an aggressive social media strategy. I have clients who use social marketing as their primary means of consumer interaction.
When I received an blog contact message from someone at the agency draftfcb about a social campaign last week involving me, skiing, video, and free stuff, I couldn’t say no. I am now a participant in “The Moving 303″ project.
One trade-off is that I had to go to the mall. On a Friday night. But it was cool because I picked up all this stuff.
Here’s the deal.
Basically Sony & draftfcb are sponsoring me to shoot video while I’m skiing. In return I get to keep a Sony Action Cam, and all the accessories that go with it:
- Sony Action Cam with wi-fi
- 16GB Micro SD Card
- Battery Charger
- A spare battery
- Bicycle handlebar mount
- Waterproof headband mount
- Camcorder cradle with LCD (this is super rad)
- Suction cup mount (also super cool)
- Set of adhesive mounts
- Anti-fog sheets
All in all, it’s between $400-500 in gear.
This is what I have to do with it to fulfill my end of the arrangement:
- Send some tweets & facebook updates about using the camera
- Test the capabilities of the camera. I’m an equal-opportunity tester. So I’m going to talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of this device. Don’t worry, though. My negative comments will be constructive. I promise. After a weekend of playing with it, there are ups and downs already.
- Make two 5-minute ski movies showcasing what you can do with the camera. One of these will be featured in the Denver Sony store.
- Give you people, my friends and followers, a look into what it’s like to shoot with this camera, where I’ll be, and what I like about skiing. This will take place over the next month.